by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 7:23am
We mentioned, recently, Senator Chuck Schumer's misinformed grandstanding against a mobile app that alerts people to where police checkpoints are located, as he put pressure on both Google and Apple to block the app, despite the app not breaking the law anywhere. A few other Senators joined Schumer in this grandstanding effort... and all it seems to have done is double the sale of the app. Apparently, having Senators think you're an abomination is good for sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- China's Precision Censorship Machine Allows Some Controversial Keywords, But Blocks Combinations Of Them
- Revenge Pornster Craig Brittain Issues DMCA Notices Demanding Google Delist Entire Websites, Including Wikipedia
- Real Talk About Fake News
- UK Home Secretary: I Need People Who Understand The Necessary Hashtags To Censor Bad People Online
- China Clamps Down On Another Serious Threat To The Middle Kingdom: Western Animal Cartoon Books For Children