by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 7:23am
We mentioned, recently, Senator Chuck Schumer's misinformed grandstanding against a mobile app that alerts people to where police checkpoints are located, as he put pressure on both Google and Apple to block the app, despite the app not breaking the law anywhere. A few other Senators joined Schumer in this grandstanding effort... and all it seems to have done is double the sale of the app. Apparently, having Senators think you're an abomination is good for sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Recipient Of FBI National Security Letter Can Finally Reveal Details, 11 Years Later
- Appeals Court Issues Fantastic 1st Amendment Ruling Against Censorious Sheriff Thomas Dart In His Crusade Against The Internet
- Awesome Stuff: Let's Bore The Censors
- France Responds To Paris Attacks By Rushing Through Internet Censorship Law
- YouTube Puts Some Monetary Weight Behind Fighting For Fair Use: Others Should Too