by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 7:23am
We mentioned, recently, Senator Chuck Schumer's misinformed grandstanding against a mobile app that alerts people to where police checkpoints are located, as he put pressure on both Google and Apple to block the app, despite the app not breaking the law anywhere. A few other Senators joined Schumer in this grandstanding effort... and all it seems to have done is double the sale of the app. Apparently, having Senators think you're an abomination is good for sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Congress Finally Releases Fast Track Trade Bill, And It's A Mess
- Latest Russian Censorship Move: Banning Internet Memes Using Photos Of Celebrities
- Turkish Censorship Order Targets Single Blog Post, Ends Up Blocking Access To 60 Million Wordpress Sites
- USPTO Demands EFF Censor Its Comments On Patentable Subject Matter
- FBI Uncovers Another Of Its Own Plots, Senator Feinstein Responds By Saying We Should Censor The Internet