by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 7:23am
We mentioned, recently, Senator Chuck Schumer's misinformed grandstanding against a mobile app that alerts people to where police checkpoints are located, as he put pressure on both Google and Apple to block the app, despite the app not breaking the law anywhere. A few other Senators joined Schumer in this grandstanding effort... and all it seems to have done is double the sale of the app. Apparently, having Senators think you're an abomination is good for sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Free Speech, Censorship, Moderation And Community: The Copia Discussion
- Indian Supreme Court Strikes Down Censorship Law -- But Leaves Web Blocking
- French Government Starts Blocking Websites With Views The Gov't Doesn't Like
- Internet Brands Targets Techdirt Post For Removal Because Of 'Infringing' Comment Left By A Reader
- Court Upholds Decision Against Trademark-Bullying AIDS Denialist, But More Needs To Be Done To Deter Censorious Lawsuits