by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 7:23am
We mentioned, recently, Senator Chuck Schumer's misinformed grandstanding against a mobile app that alerts people to where police checkpoints are located, as he put pressure on both Google and Apple to block the app, despite the app not breaking the law anywhere. A few other Senators joined Schumer in this grandstanding effort... and all it seems to have done is double the sale of the app. Apparently, having Senators think you're an abomination is good for sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Newsday Editor: Carve Hate Speech Out Of First Amendment, Hold Websites Responsible If Users Post Hate Speech
- Russia Blocks The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine Over A Single Page
- UK Politician Theresa May Tries To Out-Orwell Orwell With Insanely Authoritarian Speech
- Tumblr Complies With DMCA Takedown Requests From A Self-Proclaimed Future-Alien From Another Planet
- Australia Passes Its Own SOPA, Ignores All Concerns About It