by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 7:23am
We mentioned, recently, Senator Chuck Schumer's misinformed grandstanding against a mobile app that alerts people to where police checkpoints are located, as he put pressure on both Google and Apple to block the app, despite the app not breaking the law anywhere. A few other Senators joined Schumer in this grandstanding effort... and all it seems to have done is double the sale of the app. Apparently, having Senators think you're an abomination is good for sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Russia Blocks Another Archive Site Because It Might Contain Old Pages About Drugs
- Ares Rights Gets EFF Lawyer Suspended From Twitter For Posting Mild Criticism
- The NSA Lost In Court, So This DMCA Notice Is Totally Valid
- Pakistan Orders ISPs To Block 429,343 Websites Completely, Because There's Porn On The Internet
- Ecuador Continues To Use US Copyright Law To Censor Critics