by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 7:23am
We mentioned, recently, Senator Chuck Schumer's misinformed grandstanding against a mobile app that alerts people to where police checkpoints are located, as he put pressure on both Google and Apple to block the app, despite the app not breaking the law anywhere. A few other Senators joined Schumer in this grandstanding effort... and all it seems to have done is double the sale of the app. Apparently, having Senators think you're an abomination is good for sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- This Will Backfire: Google/Facebook Using Copyright Tools To Remove 'Extremist' Content
- MPAA Happily Gets Into Bed With Russian State Censor Agency... To Protect Copyright!
- Facebook Still Deleting Non-Offensive Posts For Being Offensive
- Another Day, Another Horrible Ruling That Undermines The First Amendment And Section 230
- Russia Imprisoning Dozens Of Social Media Critics For 'Hate Speech'