by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 7:23am
We mentioned, recently, Senator Chuck Schumer's misinformed grandstanding against a mobile app that alerts people to where police checkpoints are located, as he put pressure on both Google and Apple to block the app, despite the app not breaking the law anywhere. A few other Senators joined Schumer in this grandstanding effort... and all it seems to have done is double the sale of the app. Apparently, having Senators think you're an abomination is good for sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Nigerian Government Officials Abusing Cybercrime Law To Silence Critical Journalists
- Hillary Clinton To Silicon Valley: To Silence Terrorists, Nerd Harder, Nerds!
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 91: Is Facebook Moderation A Necessary Evil?
- Italy Proposes Law To Make Mocking People Online Illegal
- Pokemon Go The Latest Tool For Russian Government To Silence Speakers It Doesn't Like