by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 7:23am
We mentioned, recently, Senator Chuck Schumer's misinformed grandstanding against a mobile app that alerts people to where police checkpoints are located, as he put pressure on both Google and Apple to block the app, despite the app not breaking the law anywhere. A few other Senators joined Schumer in this grandstanding effort... and all it seems to have done is double the sale of the app. Apparently, having Senators think you're an abomination is good for sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- China Clamps Down On Another Serious Threat To The Middle Kingdom: Western Animal Cartoon Books For Children
- Georgia Lawmakers Look To Go Down Porn-Censoring Unconstitutional Rabbit Hole
- UK Court Grants First Live Blocking Order To Stop New Infringing Streams As Soon As They Start
- 'Fake News' Now Means Whatever People Want It To Mean, And Legislating It Away Is A Slippery Slope Toward Censorship
- Google Report: 99.95 Percent Of DMCA Takedown Notices Are Bot-Generated Bullshit Buckshot