by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 18th 2011 6:38am
It's always nice when either The Daily Show or The Colbert Report touch on stories that we regularly cover, so it was cool on Monday that TDS did a single segment, beautifully named "Well, That Was Fast" to cover both the story of Disney trademarking "Seal Team 6," just two days after Osama bin Laden was killed by SEAL Team 6, and the story of FCC Commissioner Meredith Attwell Baker joining Comcast as a lobbyist just a few months after helping to get their deal with NBC Universal approved. While these may just seem like fun little stories, they're important in showing the problems with the existing system, and it's good to see them getting mainstream attention:
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chicago Cubs: With Success Comes Trademark Lawsuit Against Street Vendors
- For The Gander: Bahnhof Sends Copyright Troll Spridningskollen A Trademark Violation Settlement Letter
- Texas Rangers Oppose Bacardi's Logo For Green Tea Spirit Because Of The 'T'
- Nashville Council Member Admits AT&T & Comcast Wrote The Anti-Google Fiber Bill She Submitted
- Gizmodo Completely Misses The Point Of Cord Cutting