by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 4th 2011 9:56am
Pickle Monger points us to the news that some Utah legislators are hoping pass new laws to add an extra fee for owners of hybrid and electric vehicles. The complaint is that those people don't spend as much (if anything) on gas, and thus don't pay gas taxes. Of course, they're also not polluting the air quite as much, which was part of the point. The article notes that other states are considering similar taxes and fees on those who buy such cars. It's as if politicians don't recognize how incentives work...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Utah Politician Looking To Tackle Doxing, DoS Attacks And Swatting With New Slate Of Cybercrime Amendments
- Criminal Defendants Sue State Of Utah For Blowing Off The Sixth Amendment
- The Great Dirty Soda War In Utah Is Trademark Gone Stupid
- Chicago Sued Over Its Attempted 9% Netflix Tax
- Prominent Salt Lake City Residents Sue The NSA Over Mass Warrantless Surveillance During The 2002 Olympics