by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 4th 2011 9:56am
Pickle Monger points us to the news that some Utah legislators are hoping pass new laws to add an extra fee for owners of hybrid and electric vehicles. The complaint is that those people don't spend as much (if anything) on gas, and thus don't pay gas taxes. Of course, they're also not polluting the air quite as much, which was part of the point. The article notes that other states are considering similar taxes and fees on those who buy such cars. It's as if politicians don't recognize how incentives work...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Zenefits Allowed Back Into Utah After Insurance Brokers Tried To Kill The Innovative Startup
- New Utah Law Instructs Cops To Seize Uninsured Vehicles
- Utah Wants To Kill Zenefits For Giving Away HR Software For Free
- Bill Aimed At Shutting Off NSA's Water Starts Moving Forward Again
- DailyDirt: Charging Up Your Car In The Future