by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 4th 2011 9:56am
Pickle Monger points us to the news that some Utah legislators are hoping pass new laws to add an extra fee for owners of hybrid and electric vehicles. The complaint is that those people don't spend as much (if anything) on gas, and thus don't pay gas taxes. Of course, they're also not polluting the air quite as much, which was part of the point. The article notes that other states are considering similar taxes and fees on those who buy such cars. It's as if politicians don't recognize how incentives work...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- eSports Gets An Introduction To Major College Sports At The University Of Utah
- Utah Legislators Want To Outlaw Posting Of People's Pictures And Names With The 'Intent To Harass'
- Rather Than Coming Up With Brand New Taxes For Tech Companies, The EU Just Issues A Massive Fine On Apple
- DailyDirt: Crazy Cars That No One Drives
- Lawmakers From The Great Theocracy Of Utah Looking To Block Porn On Cell Phones