by Mike Masnick
Tue, Apr 12th 2011 3:54am
Incredible. After being told to shut up and take their $160 million from Facebook, the Winklevoss twins are apparently still planning to appeal the ruling from the 9th Circuit. They're filing for an en banc hearing (basically asking all of the judges on the court to rehear the case, rather than the typical panel of three). On issues where there is some disagreement among the judges you'll see en banc hearings. Frankly, I'd be pretty surprised if the 9th Circuit is willing to rehear this case. And, at that point, their only resort will be to appeal to the Supreme Court, who I really doubt would find this a pressing matter of Constitutional importance. What's amazing to me is how much these guys seem to be hurting their own reputations here. Seriously, take the $160 million or so and move on.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Basically The Entire Tech Industry Signs Onto A Legal Brief Opposing Trump's Exec Order
- How Is 'Non-Literally Copying' Code Still Copyright Infringement?
- Broadband Industry Formally Tries, Once Again, To Kill Net Neutrality
- Chelsea Manning Appeals 35-Year Sentence For Leaking Files
- Revenge Porn Creep Kevin Bollaert's Appeal Underway... And Actually Raises Some Important Issues