by Mike Masnick
Fri, Mar 25th 2011 9:36am
What is it with intellectual property holders? The government already grants them an unfair, innovation-limiting monopoly that extends way beyond reason... and then they still expect others to go to ridiculous levels to prop up their own business models. The latest is that trademark holders are pushing for new third party liability rules in treaties via WIPO. Specifically, the apparent proposal would mean that third party service providers wouldn't just need to take down things on request, but would also have to proactively monitor and hand identifying info over to trademark holders without a court order. The sense of entitlement here is astounding.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Nestle Sues Fit Crunch Over Identical Trade Dress That Isn't Remotely Identical
- NYPD Asks Disney, Marvel To Abuse IP Law To Help Rid Times Square Of Spiderman, Mickey Mouse
- Pokemon Company Shuts Down Pokemon PAX Party Because Fun Is A Tool Of Team Rocket
- Drunken Monarchy Fight: King Of Beers V. Queen Of Beers In Trademark Tussle
- MLB Drops Trademark Opposition Against WalletHub For 'W' Logo After WalletHub Bows At The MLB Altar