by Mike Masnick
Fri, Mar 25th 2011 9:36am
What is it with intellectual property holders? The government already grants them an unfair, innovation-limiting monopoly that extends way beyond reason... and then they still expect others to go to ridiculous levels to prop up their own business models. The latest is that trademark holders are pushing for new third party liability rules in treaties via WIPO. Specifically, the apparent proposal would mean that third party service providers wouldn't just need to take down things on request, but would also have to proactively monitor and hand identifying info over to trademark holders without a court order. The sense of entitlement here is astounding.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Super Slimey: Comodo Tries To Trademark 'Let's Encrypt' [Updated]
- Dweezil Zappa Renames His Tour Again: Dweezil Zappa Plays Whatever The F@%k He Wants; The Cease & Desist Tour
- Good News: California Legislature Dumps Stupid Plan To Copyright All Government Works
- Texas Trademark Spat Full Of Crap?
- Cinemark Files Trademark Infringement Lawsuit Against Roblox Over User-Generated Content