by Mike Masnick
Mon, Mar 21st 2011 2:31am
There was some news last week about copyright trolls, US Copyright Group (really DC-based law firm Dunlap, Grubb & Weaver), dropping thousands of lawsuits it had filed against people for file sharing. While some are declaring victory, I'd wait and see. It may simply be setting up to refile those lawsuits in the proper venues, as the firm has done in the past. It would be nice if USCG and the various studios had realized that this was a dead end strategy, but I find that unlikely...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- France Passes Copyright Law Demanding Royalties For Every Image Search Engines Index Online
- Newspaper Archive Disappears From Google, Because Company Wants To Cash In
- Team Prenda Done Fighting Judge Otis Wright
- Lawsuit Against First US Copyright Trolls For Extortion Ends In Victory
- Hurt Locker Producers Now Understand The Copyright Troll Shakedown Better: Sue 2,514 More Defendants