by Mike Masnick
Wed, Mar 16th 2011 3:18pm
It really is amusing at times to go back and look at the historical moral panics by the recording industry over the "threats" of piracy. It's the same story every year, from the player piano (killing live music!) to the tape recorder (home taping is killing music!) to the MP3 player (illegal!). Sometimes such stories get lost to history, but Boing Boing has an amusing image from a 1976 record album sleeve, where the cover is devoted to telling people to fight the scourge of 8-track piracy.
And I thought 8-tracks were the retro solution to "piracy."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- This Week In Techdirt History: November 15th - 21st
- This Week In Techdirt History: November 8th - 14th
- Techdirt Reading List: Piracy: The Intellectual Property Wars From Gutenberg To Gates
- Starting From Next Year, China Wants Music Services To Vet Every Song Before It Goes Online
- This Week In Techdirt History: November 1st - 7th