by Mike Masnick
Wed, Mar 16th 2011 3:18pm
It really is amusing at times to go back and look at the historical moral panics by the recording industry over the "threats" of piracy. It's the same story every year, from the player piano (killing live music!) to the tape recorder (home taping is killing music!) to the MP3 player (illegal!). Sometimes such stories get lost to history, but Boing Boing has an amusing image from a 1976 record album sleeve, where the cover is devoted to telling people to fight the scourge of 8-track piracy.
And I thought 8-tracks were the retro solution to "piracy."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Appeals Court Reminds Everyone: Patent Infringement Is Good For Competition
- This Week In Techdirt History: November 27th - December 3rd
- Appeals Court Dumps Infringement Lawsuit Against EA After Plaintiff Fails To Produce Evidence
- This Week In Techdirt History: November 20th - 26th
- This Week In Techdirt History: A SOPA Retrospective