by Mike Masnick
Wed, Mar 16th 2011 3:18pm
It really is amusing at times to go back and look at the historical moral panics by the recording industry over the "threats" of piracy. It's the same story every year, from the player piano (killing live music!) to the tape recorder (home taping is killing music!) to the MP3 player (illegal!). Sometimes such stories get lost to history, but Boing Boing has an amusing image from a 1976 record album sleeve, where the cover is devoted to telling people to fight the scourge of 8-track piracy.
And I thought 8-tracks were the retro solution to "piracy."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- This Week In Techdirt History: February 12th - 18th
- First Look At UK Piracy Alert System: Mostly Benign, Except ISPs Are Requesting Filesharing Software Be Removed By Clients
- This Week In Techdirt History: February 5th - 11th
- Funcom Responds Well To Mixup Over Denuvo DRM Resulting In Piracy Of Conan Exiles Game
- This Week In Techdirt History: January 29th - February 4th