by Mike Masnick
Fri, Mar 11th 2011 2:37pm
It's true. With apparently no self-awareness whatsoever, Righthaven -- the highly questionable company that has sued 239 websites/companies for reposting some content from the Las Vegas Review Journal or the Denver Post -- is now claiming that one of the sites it's sued, Democratic Underground, is engaged in "litigation overkill." That's because of the EFF and Democractic Underground submitting new "key evidence," that apparently proves the copyright assignment from the newspapers in question is a "sham" and not a legitimate assignment. We've seen that charge in the past, and it hasn't stuck, so it's interesting to hear there's "new evidence" on that question. Unfortunately, for now, that evidence is hidden. Still, Righthaven isn't happy about this and is claiming the whole thing is litigation overkill. I guess it would know what litigation overkill is...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Florida Governor Signs One Bill Protecting Free Speech... And Another That Undermines It
- Sony Uses Copyright To Force Verge To Takedown Its Copy Of Sony's Spotify Contract
- Facebook's Plan To Be The Compuserve Of Developing Nations Faces Mounting Worldwide Criticism
- Godzilla Sues The Godzilla Of Copyright Trolls, Voltage Pictures, For Copyright Infringement
- EFF Withdraws Support For USA Freedom Act After Last Week's Court Ruling