by Mike Masnick
Mon, Mar 7th 2011 9:42am
We recently noted that Sony had announced plans to ban any jailbroken PS3 from the PlayStation Network, because Sony apparently wants to punish people who want to put back features that Sony advertised and then removed. It appears that move may end up backfiring as well. Jay was the first of a few of you to point to a report that some hackers claim they've figured out how to unban banned PS3s and at the same time to issue bans on unmodded PS3s. There are some questions as to how accurate the report is, but if true, it would suggest another failed strategy by Sony. Will it ever realize that trying to clamp down on its own users is a bad idea?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Great Selfie-Stick Ban Of 2015 Has Commenced
- Comcast Blocks HBO Go From Working On Playstation 4, Won't Coherently Explain Why
- University Thinks Yik Yak Ban It Can't Possibly Enforce Will Fix Its 'Hate Speech' Problem
- Studios Fed Up With Funding The MPAA: Changes May Be Coming
- Barrett Brown Sentenced To 63 Months In Jail For Daring To Do Journalism On Hacked Info