by Mike Masnick
Tue, Mar 8th 2011 1:05am
We've discussed at length Turkey's absolutely ridiculous on again/off again bans on YouTube and other Google sites due to a single example of content that the government doesn't like. Now it appears to be doing it again. The government has now banned all of Google's blog hosting operation, Blogspot, because there are a few blogs out there that are embedding or linking to streaming versions of satellite TV provider Digiturk's TV shows. This is not the first time that the government has banned Blogspot over the identical issue. Seriously, go back and read that post from over two years ago, where it yet again involves Digiturk complaining about Blogspot because some users posted links to unauthorized streams of Turkish football matches. It didn't work last time, why does anyone think it makes sense this time around?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Swiss Government Blows Off Turkish President's Demands For Prosecution After He's 'Insulted' By A Local Tabloid
- Supreme Court Says Patent Trolls Can Wait A While Before Suing
- Just Prior To Hearing Over NSL Gag Orders, Court Allows Cloudflare & CREDO Mobile To Be Named As Plaintiffs
- Industry-Hated Game Emulators Save Two Video Games For Posterity
- Judge Decides Free Speech Is Still A Right; Dumps Prior Restraint Order Against Mattress Review Site