by Mike Masnick
Tue, Mar 8th 2011 1:05am
We've discussed at length Turkey's absolutely ridiculous on again/off again bans on YouTube and other Google sites due to a single example of content that the government doesn't like. Now it appears to be doing it again. The government has now banned all of Google's blog hosting operation, Blogspot, because there are a few blogs out there that are embedding or linking to streaming versions of satellite TV provider Digiturk's TV shows. This is not the first time that the government has banned Blogspot over the identical issue. Seriously, go back and read that post from over two years ago, where it yet again involves Digiturk complaining about Blogspot because some users posted links to unauthorized streams of Turkish football matches. It didn't work last time, why does anyone think it makes sense this time around?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Actor James Woods Gloats Over Death Of Random Twitter Troll He Sued To Unmask [Updated]
- Geofeedia, In Damage Control Mode, Issues Bogus DMCA Over Brochure Posted By Reporter
- Arrested Backpage Execs Ask Kamala Harris To Drop Bogus Case She Herself Has Admitted She Has No Authority To Bring
- Skittles Photographer Actually Sues Trump Campaign Over Infringement
- Turkey Becomes Brazil: Orders Victim To Pay For Costs Of Trial After Police Blinded Him