by Mike Masnick
Wed, Mar 2nd 2011 7:16am
As was expected, former Senator Chris Dodd has now confirmed that he is a blatant liar and willing to sell out his principles for about a million bucks a year. Just months ago, he announced that he would not, under any condition, take a lobbying job. And here it is, just a month or so after he left the Senate and he's confirmed that he's taken the top job at the MPAA, an organization, who just a week ago admitted its number one priority was lobbying the government. Of course, Dodd is also using a loophole to get around the laws that forbid Senators from jumping to lobbying jobs so quickly after leaving the Senate. On top of that, in announcing this, he also talked up the importance of increasing our already draconian copyright laws, with views that appear to contrast to what he said back when he was a Senator and claimed he supported internet freedom. I guess that million dollar plus per year salary eases the conscience.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Rosie O'Donnell's Ex Accuses Her Of Copyright Infringement... For Posting Photos Of Their Daughter To Instagram
- Suicide Girls Reappropriate Art That Appropriation Artist Richard Prince Appropriated -- At A 99.9% Discount
- Richard Prince Continues To Push The Boundaries Of Copyright Law In Selling Other People's Instagram Selfies
- Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood Insists His Emails With The MPAA Are Super Secret
- EU Study Confirms: Hollywood's Site Blocking Campaign Is A Total Failure