by Mike Masnick
Thu, Feb 24th 2011 10:05pm
Interesting strategy from China's telco networking giant Huawei in dealing with security fears from the US government: it's asking the US government to do a full investigation of the company to satisfy itself that there's nothing questionable going on. Obviously part of the idea is a PR move, to show that the company has nothing to hide, but it's pretty rare to see a company so openly ask a government to investigate it. I guess it's Huawei's attempt to call the US government's grandstanding bluff.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Donald Trump On Intellectual Property: China Is Bad
- China's Home-Grown Version Of Spotify Shows How To Make Money In A World Of Digital Abundance
- Yes, You Read That Correctly: China Says It's OK For Members Of The Public To Record The Police
- China To Ban Ad Blockers As Part Of New Regulations For Online Advertising
- Just As We Warned: A Chinese Tech Giant Goes On The Patent Attack -- In East Texas