by Mike Masnick
Thu, Feb 24th 2011 10:05pm
Interesting strategy from China's telco networking giant Huawei in dealing with security fears from the US government: it's asking the US government to do a full investigation of the company to satisfy itself that there's nothing questionable going on. Obviously part of the idea is a PR move, to show that the company has nothing to hide, but it's pretty rare to see a company so openly ask a government to investigate it. I guess it's Huawei's attempt to call the US government's grandstanding bluff.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chinese Company Recalls Cameras, DVRs Used In Last Week's Massive DDoS Attack
- China's Manufacturers Now Producing Copies Before Original Products Are Even Launched
- Facebook Wants To Bring Controversial Zero Rated 'Free Basics' Service To The States
- Yahoo Email Scanning May Sink EU Privacy Shield Agreement
- UK Court Says Lauri Love Can Be Extradited To Face Hacking Charges In The US