by Mike Masnick
Thu, Feb 24th 2011 10:05pm
Interesting strategy from China's telco networking giant Huawei in dealing with security fears from the US government: it's asking the US government to do a full investigation of the company to satisfy itself that there's nothing questionable going on. Obviously part of the idea is a PR move, to show that the company has nothing to hide, but it's pretty rare to see a company so openly ask a government to investigate it. I guess it's Huawei's attempt to call the US government's grandstanding bluff.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Court Says Lauri Love Can Be Extradited To Face Hacking Charges In The US
- Congressman In Charge Of OPM Hacking Report Announces Plan To Investigate Stingray Use Next
- Chinese State Patent Troll Absorbed By Smartphone Maker Xiaomi, Adding To Its Patent Hoard
- University Sues Student Newspaper To Prevent Release Of Sexual Assault Investigation Documents
- Donald Trump On Intellectual Property: China Is Bad