DailyDirt: Add Jeopardy! To The List Of Games That AI Is Better At Than You....
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
- Deep Blue won its first game of chess against Garry Kasparov in 1996. The computer didn't win the match that year, but it won the re-match in 1997. [url]
- Checkers was declared "solved" in 2007 by the Chinook project. Chinook was actually stronger than any human player by 1996, but it took a few more years for Chinook to realize checkers was a futile game (like tic-tac-toe) and retire. [url]
- A few years ago, the Polaris poker bot beat a few professionals at Texas hold'em. So be careful playing poker online... [url]
- The famous long bet between Mitchell Kapor and Ray Kurzweil has $20,000 riding on the question of whether or not AI will pass a Turing test by 2029. The bet started in 2002, and Kapor even suggested back then that a machine might win at a Jeopardy! game show. [url]
- To discover more interesting stuff on artificial intelligence, check out what the robots at StumbleUpon suggest. [url]