DailyDirt: Oddly-Powered Stuff...
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
We've actually mentioned a couple of these gastrobots before, but it looks like the technology may be maturing and expanding -- to offer more carnivorous machines. Check out some of these meat-eating devices, if you're not squeamish.
- Several pieces of furniture have been designed to eat insects or rodents. The smell of rotting mice can't be too pleasant in a small room, though. [url]
- Watch this clock -- and its microbial fuel cell -- as it digest various bugs... so it can tell time for about 2 weeks. It's just a bit more complex than those clocks that run on potatoes. [url]
- The autonomous slugbot consumes slugs and helps rid farmers of the crop-destroying pests. Using these bots, farms could cut back on spraying pesticides. [url]
- The Chew-Chew bot is powered by sugar cubes -- and it's an old prototype (ancestor?) of these gastrobots. Hopefully, Chew-Chew's offspring won't acquire a taste for Soylent Green... [url]
- To discover more interesting tech-related content, check out what's currently floating around the StumbleUpon universe. [url]