by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 31st 2011 10:46am
Via Gizmodo we learn of the hilarious claim that China Central Television's news broadcast recently showed some imagery purported to show Chinese military training exercises. The only problem is that some folks recognized the footage as coming from the Hollywood movie Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise. You can see the screenshots below, comparing the CCTV news footage (on the left) with the identical frame captures from Top Gun:
Of course, I can only assume that China Central Television did not have a license to show Top Gun on TV. What are the chances that someone in Hollywood decides to sue?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Wall Street Journal Suggests Snowden Gave China Its 'Great Cannon' Software... Based On Pure Random Speculation
- Google Completely Cuts Off Chinese Government's Certificate Authority, CNNIC
- China's Great Firewall Turned Around: Why China Wants To Censor Global Internet
- President Obama Complains To China About Demanding Backdoors To Encryption... As His Administration Demands The Same Thing
- In Wake Of NSA Leaks, China Drops Major US Tech Companies From Its Approved Supplier List