by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 31st 2011 10:46am
Via Gizmodo we learn of the hilarious claim that China Central Television's news broadcast recently showed some imagery purported to show Chinese military training exercises. The only problem is that some folks recognized the footage as coming from the Hollywood movie Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise. You can see the screenshots below, comparing the CCTV news footage (on the left) with the identical frame captures from Top Gun:
Of course, I can only assume that China Central Television did not have a license to show Top Gun on TV. What are the chances that someone in Hollywood decides to sue?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- China Clamps Down On Another Serious Threat To The Middle Kingdom: Western Animal Cartoon Books For Children
- Is This The Future Of Online Publishing? Leading Chinese Social Networks Add Paid-For Content
- China Busily Approving 'Trump' Trademarks With Stunning Speed
- Chicago PD Uses Copyright To Refuse Release Of Its 35-Year-Old Deadly Force Training Film
- China Orders Every Vehicle In Region Troubled By Ethnic Unrest To Be Fitted With Satnav Tracker