by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 31st 2011 10:46am
Via Gizmodo we learn of the hilarious claim that China Central Television's news broadcast recently showed some imagery purported to show Chinese military training exercises. The only problem is that some folks recognized the footage as coming from the Hollywood movie Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise. You can see the screenshots below, comparing the CCTV news footage (on the left) with the identical frame captures from Top Gun:
Of course, I can only assume that China Central Television did not have a license to show Top Gun on TV. What are the chances that someone in Hollywood decides to sue?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- China Files A Million Patents In A Year, As Government Plans To Increase Patentability Of Software
- Russia Draws On Chinese Expertise And Technology To Clamp Down On Internet Users Even More
- Facebook, China, Fake News And The Slippery Slope Of Censorship
- China Uses US Concern Over Fake News To Push For More Control Of The Internet
- China Finds Something Else To Regulate, Brings In Its First Law For The Film Industry