by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 31st 2011 10:46am
Via Gizmodo we learn of the hilarious claim that China Central Television's news broadcast recently showed some imagery purported to show Chinese military training exercises. The only problem is that some folks recognized the footage as coming from the Hollywood movie Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise. You can see the screenshots below, comparing the CCTV news footage (on the left) with the identical frame captures from Top Gun:
Of course, I can only assume that China Central Television did not have a license to show Top Gun on TV. What are the chances that someone in Hollywood decides to sue?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chinese Trademarks And The Emoluments Clause: Do They Intersect In The Trump Presidency?
- China's Response To Study Confirms It Uses 'Strategic Distraction' To Prevent Collective Action. Sound Familiar?
- Amidst Increased Government Surveillance, Chinese Internet Users Finally Gain Important Online Privacy Protections
- China Bolsters The Great Firewall, Cracks Down Harder On VPN Use
- Chinese Officials With Government Access To Every Kind Of Personal Data Are Selling It Online