by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 31st 2011 10:46am
Via Gizmodo we learn of the hilarious claim that China Central Television's news broadcast recently showed some imagery purported to show Chinese military training exercises. The only problem is that some folks recognized the footage as coming from the Hollywood movie Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise. You can see the screenshots below, comparing the CCTV news footage (on the left) with the identical frame captures from Top Gun:
Of course, I can only assume that China Central Television did not have a license to show Top Gun on TV. What are the chances that someone in Hollywood decides to sue?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Latest Version Of Anti-TPP, RCEP, Shows That Its Intellectual Property Provisions Are Even Worse
- China Considers Cutting Itself Off From The Global Internet, As Three Home-Grown Browsers Are Found Leaking Personal Data
- Apple's VP Of Software Engineering: No, We Have Never Given A Backdoor To Any Government
- We Read The DOJ's Latest Apple Filing To Highlight All Of Its Misleading Claims
- Police Department Thinks 'Two Bullet Limit' Will Prevent Questionable Shootings