by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 31st 2011 10:46am
Via Gizmodo we learn of the hilarious claim that China Central Television's news broadcast recently showed some imagery purported to show Chinese military training exercises. The only problem is that some folks recognized the footage as coming from the Hollywood movie Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise. You can see the screenshots below, comparing the CCTV news footage (on the left) with the identical frame captures from Top Gun:
Of course, I can only assume that China Central Television did not have a license to show Top Gun on TV. What are the chances that someone in Hollywood decides to sue?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- China's Public Prosecutors Complain About Leak Of Anti-Corruption TV Series They Bankrolled To Raise Awareness
- China's Precision Censorship Machine Allows Some Controversial Keywords, But Blocks Combinations Of Them
- New Regulations Appear To Authorize Chinese Law Enforcement To Hack Into Computers Anywhere In The World
- Use Of VPNs Banned Completely For Millions Of People By Chinese Authorities
- China Clamps Down On Another Serious Threat To The Middle Kingdom: Western Animal Cartoon Books For Children