by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 31st 2011 10:46am
Via Gizmodo we learn of the hilarious claim that China Central Television's news broadcast recently showed some imagery purported to show Chinese military training exercises. The only problem is that some folks recognized the footage as coming from the Hollywood movie Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise. You can see the screenshots below, comparing the CCTV news footage (on the left) with the identical frame captures from Top Gun:
Of course, I can only assume that China Central Television did not have a license to show Top Gun on TV. What are the chances that someone in Hollywood decides to sue?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chinese Company Learns From The West: Builds Up Big Patent Portfolio, Uses It To Sue Apple In China
- Starting From Next Year, China Wants Music Services To Vet Every Song Before It Goes Online
- DailyDirt: Dealing With Zero (Or Negative) Population Growth
- Lego Tells Political Artist To Hit The Bricks, Refusing To Sell Him Legos
- China's Ministry Of Culture Joins Social Media, Immediately Inundated With 100,000 Hostile Comments