by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 31st 2011 10:46am
Via Gizmodo we learn of the hilarious claim that China Central Television's news broadcast recently showed some imagery purported to show Chinese military training exercises. The only problem is that some folks recognized the footage as coming from the Hollywood movie Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise. You can see the screenshots below, comparing the CCTV news footage (on the left) with the identical frame captures from Top Gun:
Of course, I can only assume that China Central Television did not have a license to show Top Gun on TV. What are the chances that someone in Hollywood decides to sue?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chinese Smartphone Leader Xiaomi Adds Special New Feature In Order To Enter US Market -- A Patent Hoard
- Another Reason Adopting 'Collect It All' Was A Bad Idea: China May Now Be Applying It To US Citizens' Personal Data
- How China Tamed The Country's Top Bloggers, And Took Back The Net
- China Surprises No One By Passing Cybersecurity Law That Gives It More Control Of The Internet
- Bruce Schneier: Sure, Russia & China Probably Have The Snowden Docs... But Not Because Of Snowden