by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 31st 2011 10:46am
Via Gizmodo we learn of the hilarious claim that China Central Television's news broadcast recently showed some imagery purported to show Chinese military training exercises. The only problem is that some folks recognized the footage as coming from the Hollywood movie Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise. You can see the screenshots below, comparing the CCTV news footage (on the left) with the identical frame captures from Top Gun:
Of course, I can only assume that China Central Television did not have a license to show Top Gun on TV. What are the chances that someone in Hollywood decides to sue?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- India Moving Forward With Dangerous Approach On Expanding Patents
- Study: One Out Of Every 178 Posts To Chinese Social Media Is Government Propaganda
- Facebook Wins Trademark Case In China Over Chinese Beverage Company
- Baidu Pushes Back On Chinese Gov't Investigation By Freeing Up Images Related To Tiananmen Square
- Why The Growing Unpredictability Of China's Censorship Is A Feature, Not A Bug