by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 31st 2011 10:46am
Via Gizmodo we learn of the hilarious claim that China Central Television's news broadcast recently showed some imagery purported to show Chinese military training exercises. The only problem is that some folks recognized the footage as coming from the Hollywood movie Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise. You can see the screenshots below, comparing the CCTV news footage (on the left) with the identical frame captures from Top Gun:
Of course, I can only assume that China Central Television did not have a license to show Top Gun on TV. What are the chances that someone in Hollywood decides to sue?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chinese Firm Now Owns The Rights To Tiananmen Square Tank Man Photo; What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
- Lego Reverses Policy On Block Orders For Political Projects After Public Shaming
- EFF Wants Cisco Held Responsible For Helping China Track, Torture Falun Gong Members
- Game Cracking Group Predicts The End Of Cracking Because Of Better DRM
- China Using US Encryption Fight To Defend Its New Encryption Backdoor Mandate