by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 17th 2011 1:45pm
We've had plenty of problems with Senator Patrick Leahy on this blog, as his push is to always make intellectual property laws worse, such as with ProIP and now COICA. However, sometimes he does things that deserve kudos, such as his plan to investigate the TSA's new scanners, calling them "invasive." Leahy apparently wants the Senate Judiciary Committee (which he heads) to examine whether or not the machines really make sense. Of course, perhaps we should withhold any kudos until we find out what comes out of that "review..."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Forbes Is Confused: You Can View Content Using An Adblocker By Promising Not To Use An Adblocker
- Encryption, Privacy & Free Speech: An April Recap
- National Intelligence Office's Top Lawyer Fires Off Spirited Defense Of Bulk Surveillance, Third Party Doctrine
- House Votes Unanimously In Favor Of Requiring A Warrant To Search Emails
- Court Tells Cops They Can't Open A Flip Phone Without A Warrant