by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 17th 2011 1:45pm
We've had plenty of problems with Senator Patrick Leahy on this blog, as his push is to always make intellectual property laws worse, such as with ProIP and now COICA. However, sometimes he does things that deserve kudos, such as his plan to investigate the TSA's new scanners, calling them "invasive." Leahy apparently wants the Senate Judiciary Committee (which he heads) to examine whether or not the machines really make sense. Of course, perhaps we should withhold any kudos until we find out what comes out of that "review..."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Report: President Trump Picks Former Verizon Lawyer Ajit Pai To Head FCC
- Google Hating Mississippi Attorney General Sues Company... With Ammo From EFF
- Verizon Claims Its Millennial Ad Pivot Has Been Slowed By Its Breathless Dedication To Consumer Privacy
- Chinese Officials With Government Access To Every Kind Of Personal Data Are Selling It Online
- Trump's Plan Is To Gut All FCC Consumer Protection Powers