by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 17th 2011 1:45pm
We've had plenty of problems with Senator Patrick Leahy on this blog, as his push is to always make intellectual property laws worse, such as with ProIP and now COICA. However, sometimes he does things that deserve kudos, such as his plan to investigate the TSA's new scanners, calling them "invasive." Leahy apparently wants the Senate Judiciary Committee (which he heads) to examine whether or not the machines really make sense. Of course, perhaps we should withhold any kudos until we find out what comes out of that "review..."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Another Lawsuit Highlights How Many 'Smart' Toys Violate Privacy, Aren't Secure
- Court Rubber Stamps IRS's Demand To Get All Coinbase User Data
- Ahead Of President Trump, The Web's One And Only Backup Wants To Make A Backup Of Itself (In Canada)
- Your Earbuds Can Be Made Into Microphones With Just A Bit Of Malware
- Another State Court Says Speedy Fourth Amendment Violations Are Still Just Fourth Amendment Violations