by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 17th 2011 1:45pm
We've had plenty of problems with Senator Patrick Leahy on this blog, as his push is to always make intellectual property laws worse, such as with ProIP and now COICA. However, sometimes he does things that deserve kudos, such as his plan to investigate the TSA's new scanners, calling them "invasive." Leahy apparently wants the Senate Judiciary Committee (which he heads) to examine whether or not the machines really make sense. Of course, perhaps we should withhold any kudos until we find out what comes out of that "review..."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Congress Just Voted To Kill Consumer Broadband Privacy Protections
- Should You Have Any 4th Amendment Rights In An Airport?
- The Ad Industry Is Really Excited About Plans To Gut Broadband Privacy Protections
- Homeland Security Starts Banning Laptops & Tablets On Planes From The Middle East
- Smart Vibrator Company To Pay $3.75 Million For Private Data Collection