by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 6th 2011 8:47am
theodp writes "It took almost five years, but Apple now has a patent for its Telephone Interface for a Portable Communication Device, which essentially uses an iPod click wheel to emulate an old-school rotary phone dialer. The nine listed inventors of the Rotary iPhone include Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Guess the USPTO couldn't find any prior art for using a wheel interface to spit out numbers and letters!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 20: How The Patent System Is Broken
- DailyDirt: Will This Problem Ever Go Away?
- EFF Helps Bust Bogus Patent That Was Being Used To Shake Down Podcasters
- Copyrights & Patents Have Become A Religion; All Data Will Be Ignored
- Competition In The Music Space Is Great: Fragmentation In The Music Space Is Dangerous