by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 6th 2011 8:47am
theodp writes "It took almost five years, but Apple now has a patent for its Telephone Interface for a Portable Communication Device, which essentially uses an iPod click wheel to emulate an old-school rotary phone dialer. The nine listed inventors of the Rotary iPhone include Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Guess the USPTO couldn't find any prior art for using a wheel interface to spit out numbers and letters!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 96: Death Knell For Software Patents
- Antitrust Suit Alleges Pharma Company Rubbished Its Own Product In Order To Stave Off Competition From Generics
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 94: The Headphone Jack Apocalypse!
- FBI Tests The Waters On Another Attempt To Force Apple To Unlock An iPhone
- Do Apple Trademarks Reveal What It's About To Launch?