by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 6th 2011 8:47am
theodp writes "It took almost five years, but Apple now has a patent for its Telephone Interface for a Portable Communication Device, which essentially uses an iPod click wheel to emulate an old-school rotary phone dialer. The nine listed inventors of the Rotary iPhone include Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Guess the USPTO couldn't find any prior art for using a wheel interface to spit out numbers and letters!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Even The Surveillance-Loving Wall Street Journal Is Bashing The FBI For Its War With Apple
- DOJ Drops Other Big Case Over iPhone Encryption After Defendant Suddenly Remembers His Passcode
- FBI Allegedly Paid More Than $1 Million To Get Into Encrypted iPhone... And To Avoid Setting Legal Precedent It Didn't Like
- Why Did Congress Let Law Enforcement Officials Lie About Encryption?
- Apparently Hacking Syed Farook's iPhone Accomplished Nothing (Other Than Making Everyone Less Safe)