by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 6th 2011 8:47am
theodp writes "It took almost five years, but Apple now has a patent for its Telephone Interface for a Portable Communication Device, which essentially uses an iPod click wheel to emulate an old-school rotary phone dialer. The nine listed inventors of the Rotary iPhone include Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Guess the USPTO couldn't find any prior art for using a wheel interface to spit out numbers and letters!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Supreme Court Adds Yet Another Smackdown To Patent Court, Says It Misinterpreted Patent Law In Apple/Samsung Case
- Appeals Court Reminds Everyone: Patent Infringement Is Good For Competition
- China Files A Million Patents In A Year, As Government Plans To Increase Patentability Of Software
- Apple Uploading Call Data, Including From Third-Party Call Apps, To Users' iCloud Accounts
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 94: The Headphone Jack Apocalypse!