by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 7th 2010 7:02am
Here's a quick one, via Julian Sanchez, who sums the following Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic up perfectly: "A short lesson on terrorism, risk assessment, & the availability heuristic"
There are trade-offs to everything we do, and we're still way too focused on this idea of perfect security, while at the same time ignoring the much higher risks in other areas of our lives. This doesn't mean that you ignore risks such as terrorism, but you don't overreact to them. You look for effective solutions, not theatrical solutions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Waves Convicted Murderer With Explosives Experience Through Its PreCheck Lane
- French Government Starts Blocking Websites With Views The Gov't Doesn't Like
- FBI Pins 'Terrorist' Nametag On 'Retarded Fool' Without A 'Pot To Piss In'
- Report Says UK Citizens Must Give Up Right To Privacy Because 'Terrorism', Reveals Huge Secret Government Databases
- Clapper: The Attacks We Didn't Prevent In The Past Can't Be Prevented In The Future If Section 215 Is Allowed To Die