by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 7th 2010 7:02am
Here's a quick one, via Julian Sanchez, who sums the following Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic up perfectly: "A short lesson on terrorism, risk assessment, & the availability heuristic"
There are trade-offs to everything we do, and we're still way too focused on this idea of perfect security, while at the same time ignoring the much higher risks in other areas of our lives. This doesn't mean that you ignore risks such as terrorism, but you don't overreact to them. You look for effective solutions, not theatrical solutions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Australia's New Law Would Strip Citizenship For Possessing A 'Thing' Connected With Terrorism, Or Whistleblowing
- How Chris Christie Used A Manufactured Terrorist Plot To Boost His Political Career
- Virginia Teenager Charged With Providing 'Material Support' For ISIS Through Tweets, Blog Posts About Privacy And Bitcoin
- Canada Passes 'Anti-Terror' Spy Bill, Taking Away Civil Liberties
- Sting Operation Shows How Full Of Crap Health Journals Are When It Comes To Dietary Studies