by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 7th 2010 7:02am
Here's a quick one, via Julian Sanchez, who sums the following Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic up perfectly: "A short lesson on terrorism, risk assessment, & the availability heuristic"
There are trade-offs to everything we do, and we're still way too focused on this idea of perfect security, while at the same time ignoring the much higher risks in other areas of our lives. This doesn't mean that you ignore risks such as terrorism, but you don't overreact to them. You look for effective solutions, not theatrical solutions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- What's The Evidence Mass Surveillance Works? Not Much
- After Endless Demonization Of Encryption, Police Find Paris Attackers Coordinated Via Unencrypted SMS
- Social Media 'Terrorist' Taken Down By FBI After Reblogging A Pro-ISIS GIF
- One Man Troll Army Arrested For Supporting Terrorists: Where's The Line Between Trolling And Terrorism?
- Vice News Employees Charged With Terrorism In Turkey... Because They Used Encryption