by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 7th 2010 7:02am
Here's a quick one, via Julian Sanchez, who sums the following Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic up perfectly: "A short lesson on terrorism, risk assessment, & the availability heuristic"
There are trade-offs to everything we do, and we're still way too focused on this idea of perfect security, while at the same time ignoring the much higher risks in other areas of our lives. This doesn't mean that you ignore risks such as terrorism, but you don't overreact to them. You look for effective solutions, not theatrical solutions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- American Teen Gets 11 Year Sentence For Pro-ISIS Tweets That Taught People How To Use Bitcoin
- Sophos: If You'd Like A Copy Of Our Free AV Software, You'll Need To Prove You're Not A Terrorist
- Charlie Hebdo Bows To Assassins' Veto, Hecklers' Veto; Will No Longer Mock Mohammed
- Senate Intel Committee Wants Facebook, Twitter & YouTube To Report 'Terrorist-Related' Content
- Australia's New Law Would Strip Citizenship For Possessing A 'Thing' Connected With Terrorism, Or Whistleblowing