by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 29th 2010 10:36pm
How much does Guns 'N Roses singer Axl Rose hate former guitarist Slash? So much that he's suing Activision for $20 million because Activision included a virtual version of Slash in the latest version of Guitar Hero, despite claimed promises not to do so. While the likelihood of success may depend on contract specifics, it does seem rather silly to care about this. The claim that "This lawsuit is about protecting Guns Ní Roses," is obviously bogus. There is nothing about "protecting" involved here.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Author Sues Half The Internet For Defamation, Copyright Infringement, Cyberbullying, Use Of Section 230
- AT&T Sues To Keep Google Fiber Competition Out Of Louisville
- The Need For Deep Pockets And Lawyers Means The FOIA Process Benefits Corporations The Most
- Call Of Duty Again Sued Over Another Historical Figure... Who Is A Good Guy In The Game
- No Copyright Lives Forever: How The Apathy Of IP Rights Holders About Their Copyrights Killed A Game Re-Release