by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Legal Netherworld Of Traffic Cam Tickets, Where Everything Is Both Civil And Criminal, While Also Being Mostly Neither
- Yet Another Lawsuit Hopes A Court Will Hold Twitter Responsible For Terrorists' Actions
- The FBI Is Apparently Paying Geek Squad Members To Dig Around In Computers For Evidence Of Criminal Activity
- Court Says 791 Days Of Warrantless Location Tracking 'Unreasonable," But Refuses To Toss Evidence
- Belgium Wants EU Nations To Collect And Store Personal Data Of Train, Bus And Boat Passengers