by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Senate Intelligence Committee Expands FBI NSL Powers With Secret Amendment To Secret Intelligence Bill
- Supreme Court Says Plaintiff Must Show Actual Harm From Bogus Profile Created By Spokeo
- FBI Found To Be Harvesting Surreptitious Recordings Around Two Other California Courthouses
- Australian Gov't Commission Also Wants To Fix Patent Laws Down Under
- Australian Gov't Commission: Copyright Is Copywrong; Hurting The Public And Needs To Be Fixed