by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Appeals Court Affirms NSA Surveillance Can Be Used To Investigate Domestic Criminal Suspects
- Surprise: Now Even Australia's Biggest Business Organization Says It Has Doubts About TPP
- Stepdad Goes To Police With Stepdaughter's Sexts, Asks Them To Intervene, Is Prosecuted For Child Porn
- Researchers Ask Court To Unseal Documents Related To Technical Assistance Requests And Electronic Surveillance Warrants
- Even NSA BFF Verizon Thinks Warrantless Location Data Collection May Have Gone Too Far