by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Court Tells Cops They Can't Open A Flip Phone Without A Warrant
- Latest Version Of Anti-TPP, RCEP, Shows That Its Intellectual Property Provisions Are Even Worse
- Not Funny: How The OFAC Is Outlawing Even The Lamest Attempts At Humor Over Terrorist Fears
- Australian Case Shows Why Corporate Sovereignty Isn't Needed In TPP -- Or In Any Trade Agreement
- Court Shoots Down Cops Attempting To Prop Up Two Warrantless Searches With A Stack Of Lies