by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Why It's Pointless For Trump To Renegotiate TPP, Even If He Wanted To, And Even If He Could
- Court Tells Family Services Worker 'I Don't Approve Of Your Lifestyle' Isn't A Valid Warrant Exception
- Cops Who Repeatedly Treated Refusal As Consent Watch Their Seized Evidence Vanish
- Thanks To Months Of Doing Nothing, Senate Allows DOJ's Rule 41 Changes To Become Law
- Appeals Court Says Warrantless Use Of Stingray Devices Probably OK