by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- American Teen Gets 11 Year Sentence For Pro-ISIS Tweets That Taught People How To Use Bitcoin
- Bill That Was Supposed To Limit Police Drone Activity Changed By Lobbyist To Enable Weaponized Drones
- Will Australian Government Use Cost-Benefit Analysis To Kill Off Fair Use Proposal Once And For All?
- Australian Reporter Makes A Year's Worth Of His Metadata Available For Public To Rummage Through
- Australian Court Rejects Dallas Buyers Club Copyright Trolling Demands