by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Australian Librarians Start 'Cooking For Copyright' Campaign To Change Law For Unpublished Works
- Australian Police Raid Bookseller Over Copies Of A Book First Published 24 Years Ago
- Judge Slams Meddling Sheriff Thomas Dart For Likely First Amendment Attack On Backpage
- Aussie Study: Infringers Spend More On Content Than Non-Infringers
- Australia Ploughing Ahead With TPP Negotiations Even Though It Has Never Checked If Any Previous Trade Agreement Was Beneficial