by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Thanks To Months Of Doing Nothing, Senate Allows DOJ's Rule 41 Changes To Become Law
- Appeals Court Says Warrantless Use Of Stingray Devices Probably OK
- Cameroonian Government Calls Social Media A 'New Form Of Terrorism'
- Court (Again) Tosses Lawsuit Seeking To Hold Twitter Accountable For ISIS Terrorism
- Court Says It's Not The Length Of The Constitutional Violation, It's The Violation Itself