by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Judge Tells FBI It Doesn't Have A 'Two-Minute Rule' That Allows It To Listen In On Personal Phone Calls
- Australian ISP Promises Free Lawyers For Targets Of Copyright Trolls
- Canadian Law Enforcement Complains Child Molesters Are Benefiting Most From ISP Subscriber Data Warrant Requirements
- Senators On Jihad 2.0: We'll Take Down ISIS With 'Fancy Memes'
- Appeals Court Says Warrantless Phone Tracking Doesn't Violate 4th Amendment Because 'Third Party Doctrine'