by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Drug Dogs Don't Even Have To Be Right Half The Time To Be Considered 'Reliable' By The Courts
- Court Says 10 Weeks Of Warrantless Surveillance Is Perfectly Constitutional
- Australia's Arrogant, Irresponsible Trade Minister Rejects Calls For Cost-Benefit Analysis Of TPP
- UK Investigative Agencies Want To Be Able To Send Warrants To US Companies
- Algorithm Might Protect Non-Targets Caught In Surveillance, But Only If The Government Cares What Happens To Non-Targets