by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Waves Convicted Murderer With Explosives Experience Through Its PreCheck Lane
- California Legislators Pushing Warrant Requirement For All Access To Electronic Information, Including That Obtained By Stingrays
- Copyright Industry Keeps Asking For More In Australia: VPN Ban Next?
- French Government Starts Blocking Websites With Views The Gov't Doesn't Like
- FBI Pins 'Terrorist' Nametag On 'Retarded Fool' Without A 'Pot To Piss In'