by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Hillary Clinton To Silicon Valley: To Silence Terrorists, Nerd Harder, Nerds!
- Guy Arrested Over KickassTorrents Blocked From Talking To His US Attorney
- Hatch Still Trying To Change The Finalized TPP Deal To Make It Even Worse For Other Nations
- Australian Government Using Data Retention Law To Seek Out Journalists' Sources, Hunt Down Whistleblowers
- ACLU Challenges Gag Orders Issued To Tech Companies By The DOJ