by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Vice News Employees Charged With Terrorism In Turkey... Because They Used Encryption
- Canadian Police Chiefs: 'RESOLVED: The Warrant Requirement For ISP Subscriber Data Makes Our Job Harder. Please Fix.'
- American Teen Gets 11 Year Sentence For Pro-ISIS Tweets That Taught People How To Use Bitcoin
- Bill That Was Supposed To Limit Police Drone Activity Changed By Lobbyist To Enable Weaponized Drones
- Will Australian Government Use Cost-Benefit Analysis To Kill Off Fair Use Proposal Once And For All?