by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- California Police Used Illegal Wiretap Warrants In Hundreds Of Drug Prosecutions
- Australian Police Officials Smacked Around By Judge For Support Of Illegal Surveillance Of A 'Closed' Facebook Account
- Pastafarian Wins Battle To Wear Pasta Strainer In License Photo
- What's The Evidence Mass Surveillance Works? Not Much
- After Endless Demonization Of Encryption, Police Find Paris Attackers Coordinated Via Unencrypted SMS