by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- After Pulling An All-Nighter, Negotiators Finish TPP; But Don't Expect To See The Text For A While
- Australian Government Warns That Alternative Rock, Teenage Rebellion Could Lead To Radicalization
- Workplace Commission In Australia: Unfriending A Co-Worker Is A Factor In Bullying Case
- New Australian Prime Minister Takes Copyright Issues Away From Hollywood's Buddy George Brandis
- Australian Court Orders Homeowners To Physically Alter Exterior Of 'Infringing' House