by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 9:10am
chillienet alerts us to some new rules for law enforcement regarding private searches down in Australia. Apparently as long as police think you just might be a terrorist, they no longer need to get a search warrant. I'm sure that won't be abused at all... The whole point of requiring warrants is to avoid abuse. Taking away that check almost guarantees that the powers will be seriously abused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Australian Govt.: Just Kidding On That Whole Safe Harbors Reform Thing, Guys
- Should You Have Any 4th Amendment Rights In An Airport?
- Homeland Security Starts Banning Laptops & Tablets On Planes From The Middle East
- Australia's Prime Minister Supports Expanded Safe Harbor Protections Down Under
- Judge Grants Search Warrant Demanding Info On Everyone Who Searched For A Certain Person's Name