by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 17th 2010 11:10pm
Following on our recent story of police using Google Street View to give them a lead in a stolen car incident, comes another report, sent in by Joshy, of a heroin dealing ring in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, who was dealing on the streets out in the open -- and also were caught on Google Street View images:
It's a little unclear from the article just how useful the Google Street View image was to the case, but it certainly seems like it could be useful as corroborating evidence...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Court Doesn't Buy Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood's Argument: Puts His Google Demands On Hold
- Google Suddenly Realizes That Maybe It Doesn't Need To Ban Adult Content On Blogger
- Google Fined For Wi-Fi Privacy Violations, Grandstanding German Regulators Not Satisfied
- Judge Agrees That Perhaps It Would Be Best For Someone Else To Review His Claim That WiFi Isn't A Radio Communication
- Google Wants Another Court To Determine If Accessing Open WiFi Is Wiretapping