by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 11th 2010 6:29pm
Rolling Stone publisher, Wenner Media, has been hit with a class action lawsuit over spam text messages that were used to aggressively promote Rolling Stone, US Weekly and Men's Journal. Of course, it's not clear that this is actually illegal. The lawsuit is based on a law that forbids the automatic dialing of marketing phone calls to mobile phones, but it's not clear if that actually applies to SMS messages as well.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Court Says Google Has A First Amendment Right To Delist Competitor's 'Spammy' Content
- Confused Reporter Doubles Down On Bogus Trump/Russian Server Story With 'I'm Just Asking Questions' Non-Apology
- Cuba's Telecom Monopoly Banning Text Messages Containing Words Like 'Democracy'
- Court Says Google Doesn't Have A First Amendment Right To Drop A Site From Its Search Results
- Oh, Look: Yet Another Security Flaw In Government Websites