DailyDirt: How Long Can Food Last?
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
- There's at least one Twinkie that lasted about 30 years with only a slight bit of mold growth. It's been a few more years since the last story on it, so maybe the mold finally finished it off.... Anyone have an update? [url]
- Happy Meals seem to be happy for a pretty long time, too. It's not like people *want* fast food to get moldy really quickly, but it'd be nice to find out which burger out there goes bad the fastest. (No cheating by humidifying them!) [url]
- A 20-day-old radish will last about 30 minutes in the vacuum of space -- and still grow after returning to normal Earth conditions. Unprocessed foods seem to be pretty tough, too. [url]
- For best results, though, food flavors are usually fairly sensitive to temperature. Cold tomatoes and skunked beer are just a couple examples. [url]
- To discover more food-related links, check out what's floating around in StumbleUpon. [url]