by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 8th 2010 5:19pm
It appears that security theater has stepped up a notch. Following the recent bombing attempts that used ink toner cartridges to hide bombs, the US is now banning ink toner on passenger flights. They're also blocking any cargo aircraft flights from Somalia and Yemen. While you can understand why they're doing this, as with nearly all responses to air travel threats, it looks like the US is taking a rather blunt sledgehammer to any threat they hear about.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Asks America To LOL At Traveler Who Had $75,000 Taken From Him By Federal Agents
- DailyDirt: Passwords Suck, But What's Better?
- Top FBI Official Says Tech Companies Need To 'Prevent Encryption Above All Else'
- Study: The TSA's Security Theater Troupes Missed 95% Of Smuggled Weapons And Explosives
- The Price Of Ignoring Free Internet Security Advice: Billboards Of Goatse