by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 8th 2010 5:19pm
It appears that security theater has stepped up a notch. Following the recent bombing attempts that used ink toner cartridges to hide bombs, the US is now banning ink toner on passenger flights. They're also blocking any cargo aircraft flights from Somalia and Yemen. While you can understand why they're doing this, as with nearly all responses to air travel threats, it looks like the US is taking a rather blunt sledgehammer to any threat they hear about.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Telegraph Publishes The Dumbest Article On Encryption You'll Ever Read... Written By David Cameron's Former Speechwriter
- Chipotle Exposes Private Data By Sending HR E-mails Via Unowned Domain, Doesn't See The Problem
- Hillary Clinton Joins The 'Make Silicon Valley Break Encryption' Bandwagon
- TSA: Terrible At Security But Finally Willing To Work On Its Problems
- Awesome Stuff: The Internet... Who Needs It?