by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 8th 2010 5:19pm
It appears that security theater has stepped up a notch. Following the recent bombing attempts that used ink toner cartridges to hide bombs, the US is now banning ink toner on passenger flights. They're also blocking any cargo aircraft flights from Somalia and Yemen. While you can understand why they're doing this, as with nearly all responses to air travel threats, it looks like the US is taking a rather blunt sledgehammer to any threat they hear about.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- FBI And United Airlines Shoot The Messenger After Security Researcher Discovers Vulnerabilities In Airplane Computer System
- DailyDirt: Is It Time To Change Your Passwords (Again)?
- Awesome Stuff: Smartphone Proximity Locks For Your Car
- If Virginia Elections Weren't Hacked, It's Only Because No One Tried
- TSA's Investigation Into Groping Agents Ensured They Wouldn't Be Prosecuted