by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 8th 2010 5:19pm
It appears that security theater has stepped up a notch. Following the recent bombing attempts that used ink toner cartridges to hide bombs, the US is now banning ink toner on passenger flights. They're also blocking any cargo aircraft flights from Somalia and Yemen. While you can understand why they're doing this, as with nearly all responses to air travel threats, it looks like the US is taking a rather blunt sledgehammer to any threat they hear about.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Homeland Security Starts Banning Laptops & Tablets On Planes From The Middle East
- Smart Vibrator Company To Pay $3.75 Million For Private Data Collection
- Consumer Reports Proposes Open Source Security Standard To Keep The Internet Of Things From Sucking
- CIA Leaks Unsurprisingly Show The Internet Of Broken Things Is A Spy's Best Friend
- TSA Now Making Its Intrusive Searches Even More Gropey & Assaulty