by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 8th 2010 5:19pm
It appears that security theater has stepped up a notch. Following the recent bombing attempts that used ink toner cartridges to hide bombs, the US is now banning ink toner on passenger flights. They're also blocking any cargo aircraft flights from Somalia and Yemen. While you can understand why they're doing this, as with nearly all responses to air travel threats, it looks like the US is taking a rather blunt sledgehammer to any threat they hear about.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- FBI Director Claims That The World's Most Knowledgeable Cybersecurity Experts Are Not 'Fair Minded' About Encryption Backdoors
- Pretty Much Anyone With Any Understanding Of Crypto Tells President Obama That Backdooring Crypto Is Monumentally Stupid
- Yes, Switching To HTTPS Is Important, And No It's Not A Bad Thing
- Dangerous And Ridiculous: Facebook Won't Let Sites Join Its Internet.org Program If They Encrypt Traffic
- Encryption: What The FBI Wants It Can Only Have By Destroying Computing And Censoring The Internet