by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 8th 2010 5:19pm
It appears that security theater has stepped up a notch. Following the recent bombing attempts that used ink toner cartridges to hide bombs, the US is now banning ink toner on passenger flights. They're also blocking any cargo aircraft flights from Somalia and Yemen. While you can understand why they're doing this, as with nearly all responses to air travel threats, it looks like the US is taking a rather blunt sledgehammer to any threat they hear about.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Waves Convicted Murderer With Explosives Experience Through Its PreCheck Lane
- Good News: Internet Ad Industry Realizes It Needs To Embrace HTTPS
- FBI Quietly Removes Recommendation To Encrypt Your Phone... As FBI Director Warns How Encryption Will Lead To Tears
- DailyDirt: Breaking Bad... Passwords
- Ted Cruz's New Presidential Campaign Donation Website Shares Security Certificate With Nigerian-Prince.com