It's probably not a good idea, in general, to give the middle finger to police officers you encounter in your everyday life. However, it's also not illegal. So a guy who did it twice, and each time was then pulled over and given questionable citations then sued them for violating his civil rights. The Clackamas County police department in Oregon has now agreed to pay him $4,000 to settle the lawsuit, claiming that it was just cheaper to settle than to fight. Perhaps they also realized that they were likely going to lose as well.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Cop To Vet On Receiving End Of Bogus Raid: Investigating Things Beforehand Just Slows Us Down
- Audits Of Asset Forfeiture Program Uncover Funds Used To Pay Student Loans, Property Used As Rent-Free Housing
- Officer Indicted For Lying On Warrant Application That Led To Toddler Being Burned By Flashbang Grenade
- Police Cameras Are Valuable... But Not If They Can Alter The Videos
- Suspended Cop Sends Email To Department Thanking Them For The Paid Time Off