It's probably not a good idea, in general, to give the middle finger to police officers you encounter in your everyday life. However, it's also not illegal. So a guy who did it twice, and each time was then pulled over and given questionable citations then sued them for violating his civil rights. The Clackamas County police department in Oregon has now agreed to pay him $4,000 to settle the lawsuit, claiming that it was just cheaper to settle than to fight. Perhaps they also realized that they were likely going to lose as well.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Police Unions To City Officials: If You Want Good, Accountable Cops, You'll Need To Pay Them More
- Woman Sues After Police Destroy Her Home During 10-Hour Standoff With The Family Dog
- Study Says Police Body Cameras Have Contributed To Increased Uses Of Deadly Force
- If Police Officials Won't Hold Officers Accountable, More Cameras Will Never Mean More Recordings
- DOJ Finally Going To Force Law Enforcement Agencies To Hand Over Info On People Killed By Police Officers