by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 26th 2010 10:29am
Earlier this year we covered how Facebook was suing a site called Teachbook.com, claiming that any social network that ended in "book" was infringing on its trademarks. It's continued to do so, with at least a threat against the site Placebook. Of course, it seems that it's not only the "book" that Facebook claims ownership of, but the "face" part as well. Reader marak was the first of a few of you to point to the news that Facebook is suing the site Faceporn for trademark infringement (the article says copyright, but I'm pretty sure it means trademark -- isn't a publication like PC Mag suposed to understand the difference?).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Iceland vs Iceland Trademark Spat More Clear: Iceland Foods Opposed Iceland's Trademark Application
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 101: Where Do You Get Your News?
- This Is A Really Bad Idea: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & Microsoft Agree To Block 'Terrorist' Content
- Canadian 'Fashion Santa' Fight Leads To Copyright vs Trademark Food Fight
- Who Gets To Trademark Iceland?