by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 26th 2010 10:29am
Earlier this year we covered how Facebook was suing a site called Teachbook.com, claiming that any social network that ended in "book" was infringing on its trademarks. It's continued to do so, with at least a threat against the site Placebook. Of course, it seems that it's not only the "book" that Facebook claims ownership of, but the "face" part as well. Reader marak was the first of a few of you to point to the news that Facebook is suing the site Faceporn for trademark infringement (the article says copyright, but I'm pretty sure it means trademark -- isn't a publication like PC Mag suposed to understand the difference?).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Will The FTC Investigate People & Companies Paid By Facebook To Use Facebook Live?
- Dear US Olympic Committee: Tweeting About The Olympics Is Never Trademark Infringement
- Running Out Of Puns: Get Ready For The Damn To Burst On Craft Beer Trademark Disputes
- Miami Brewing Co. Sends Cease And Desist To M.I.A. Beer Co. Over Trademark Concerns
- For The Third Time, Whatsapp Blocked (And Then Unblocked) By Brazilian Judges For Failing To Decrypt