by Mike Masnick
Mon, Oct 25th 2010 3:04pm
Sony's iconic Walkman cassette playing device was released in 1979, and really revolutionized the idea of personal, portable music (about the same time that it was supposedly killing music). Of course, these days, Apple and its iPod replaced the Walkman as the portable music player of choice, but apparently Sony kept on making cassette Walkmen... until now. It's finally ending production of the cassette Walkmen. As some have noted, the announcement of the end of Walkman came just a day before the anniversary of the introduction of the iPod.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Sony Apparently Issuing Takedowns To Facebook For News Articles About PS4 Slim Leak
- Irony: Sony Pictures Sued For Failing To Stop Piracy
- Sony Locks Up The PSN Account Of A Man Named 'Jihad' Because You'll Never Guess Why
- Sony Settlement Gives PS3 Owners $9 After Company Made Console Less Useful Via Firmware Update
- Sony Finally Releases PS4 Remote Play For PC App That Isn't As Good As A Modder's App Is