by Mike Masnick
Mon, Oct 25th 2010 3:04pm
Sony's iconic Walkman cassette playing device was released in 1979, and really revolutionized the idea of personal, portable music (about the same time that it was supposedly killing music). Of course, these days, Apple and its iPod replaced the Walkman as the portable music player of choice, but apparently Sony kept on making cassette Walkmen... until now. It's finally ending production of the cassette Walkmen. As some have noted, the announcement of the end of Walkman came just a day before the anniversary of the introduction of the iPod.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Sony, Microsoft Lobby Against Right To Repair Bills (Yet Refuse To Talk About It)
- Court Points Out Numerous Ways Using Playstation Network To Trade Child Porn Is A Bad Idea
- Bug Related To HDCP DRM Is Giving New Playstation PS4 Pro Owners Headaches
- Sony Wants To Patent A System For Scoring Journalists' 'Veracity'
- Sony Apparently Issuing Takedowns To Facebook For News Articles About PS4 Slim Leak