by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 19th 2010 11:28am
Last week, Verizon got some attention for plans to charge customers $3.50 to pay their bill if they paid by credit card or debit card. From an industry that specializes in ridiculous made-up fees, even this seemed beyond ridiculous. Given the consumer outcry about this, days later, Verizon decided it was just kidding about the charge, and that "this charge will not take place as scheduled." Of course, that sounds like it's just waiting for another chance to introduce it when people aren't paying as much attention.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Verizon Buys Yahoo In $4.8 Billion Attempt To Bore The Internet To Death
- Verizon Tries To 'Debunk' News Reports Pointing Out Its New Wireless Plans Stink
- Supreme Court Makes It (Slightly) Easier To Award Attorneys' Fees For Bogus Copyright Lawsuits
- Appeals Court Tells Government It Must Extend Educational Institution FOIA Fee Price Break To Students
- Sony Thinks It Can Charge An 'Administrative Fee' For Fair Use