by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 19th 2010 11:28am
Last week, Verizon got some attention for plans to charge customers $3.50 to pay their bill if they paid by credit card or debit card. From an industry that specializes in ridiculous made-up fees, even this seemed beyond ridiculous. Given the consumer outcry about this, days later, Verizon decided it was just kidding about the charge, and that "this charge will not take place as scheduled." Of course, that sounds like it's just waiting for another chance to introduce it when people aren't paying as much attention.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- New York City Decides To Actually Pay Attention To Its Verizon Contracts After Getting Ripped Off On FiOS Deal
- Verizon Support Wants You To Know That Twitter Is A Perfectly Secure Way To Send Them Your Social Security Number
- San Franciscans: Please Join Carl Malamud's Campaign To Help Free Up Court Documents
- Voltage Pictures Has To Pay $22k To Canadian ISP If It Wants Names For Its Shakedown Scheme
- Apartment Complex Claims Copyright Of Tenants' Reviews And Photos, Charges $10k Fee For Criticism