by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 19th 2010 11:28am
Last week, Verizon got some attention for plans to charge customers $3.50 to pay their bill if they paid by credit card or debit card. From an industry that specializes in ridiculous made-up fees, even this seemed beyond ridiculous. Given the consumer outcry about this, days later, Verizon decided it was just kidding about the charge, and that "this charge will not take place as scheduled." Of course, that sounds like it's just waiting for another chance to introduce it when people aren't paying as much attention.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Add Pittsburgh To The List Of Cities That Say Verizon Ripped Them Off
- Verizon's Sneaky Zombie Cookies Now Being Used Across The Entire AOL Ad Empire
- ACLU, Lawyers Group Sue Cali Police Department Over $3,000 Fee Demand For Body Cam Footage
- Comcast Users Now Need To Pay A $30 Premium If They Want To Avoid Usage Caps
- PRS To Increase Members' Fees To Fund Legal Expedition Against TV Station