by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 13th 2010 1:23am
Thought we were done with the silly political grandstanding against Craigslist, which won't stop child trafficking, but will actually help the scumbags who are involved in the practice? No such luck. Apparently politicians in other countries have seen how politically successful such grandstanding is, and are using the same tactics against Craigslist. Some Ontario politicians are now demanding that Craigslist takedown its adult section in Canada (Craigslist only self-censored the section in the US). Of course, as in the US, this won't help law enforcement stop prostitution and child trafficking. It will only serve to drive it further underground and make it harder to track and stop. But I'm sure it makes for good-looking headlines, even if it makes the problem worse.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Arrested Backpage Execs Ask Kamala Harris To Drop Bogus Case She Herself Has Admitted She Has No Authority To Bring
- Details Of Charges Against Backpage Execs For 'Pimping' Look Totally Bogus
- Journalists Blaming Facebook For Decline Is Just As Tiresome As When They Blamed Craigslist & Google
- New Economic Study Indicates EU-Canada Trade Deal Will Cause 'Unemployment, Inequality And Welfare Losses'
- The Unbelievably True Story Of How Craigslist Murdered Over 100 People