by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 8th 2010 5:27pm
The EFF points out that with Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo winning the Nobel Peace Prize, Chinese censors have sprung into action trying to block all mentions of or research on either Liu Xiaobo or the Nobel Peace Prize. Apparently doing searches on either term gives you no results -- because I'm sure that's convincing. Separately, it's worth noting that Liu Xiaobo once declared "the internet is God's gift to China." And it's ability to censor the internet is...?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Geofeedia, In Damage Control Mode, Issues Bogus DMCA Over Brochure Posted By Reporter
- China's Manufacturers Now Producing Copies Before Original Products Are Even Launched
- Skittles Photographer Actually Sues Trump Campaign Over Infringement
- Samsung Issues Takedown On Video Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Mod Turning Galaxy Note 7 Into A Weapon
- Peter Thiel's Lawyer Says He's Stopped 'Monitoring' Gawker, But Still Sending It Bogus Takedown Demands