by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 8th 2010 5:27pm
The EFF points out that with Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo winning the Nobel Peace Prize, Chinese censors have sprung into action trying to block all mentions of or research on either Liu Xiaobo or the Nobel Peace Prize. Apparently doing searches on either term gives you no results -- because I'm sure that's convincing. Separately, it's worth noting that Liu Xiaobo once declared "the internet is God's gift to China." And it's ability to censor the internet is...?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Hillary Clinton To Silicon Valley: To Silence Terrorists, Nerd Harder, Nerds!
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 91: Is Facebook Moderation A Necessary Evil?
- Italy Proposes Law To Make Mocking People Online Illegal
- Pokemon Go The Latest Tool For Russian Government To Silence Speakers It Doesn't Like
- Cuba's Telecom Monopoly Banning Text Messages Containing Words Like 'Democracy'