by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 24th 2010 2:26pm
A few years back, we noted Apple's trademark overreach in trying to stop any electronic device with "pod" as part of its name. This is, of course, silly. However, most companies have ended up backing down. One is still fighting. Sector Labs, which is making a video projector called the Video Pod, is apparently ready and willing to go to court and fight Apple on this. As we pointed out back when Apple started going pod-crazy, it's worth remembering that it was Apple's lawyers who brought back the now popular moron in a hurry test in its trademark lawsuit against the Beatles' Apple Corp. They might find themselves on the other end of that test fairly soon.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Dear US Olympic Committee: Tweeting About The Olympics Is Never Trademark Infringement
- Running Out Of Puns: Get Ready For The Damn To Burst On Craft Beer Trademark Disputes
- Miami Brewing Co. Sends Cease And Desist To M.I.A. Beer Co. Over Trademark Concerns
- Sen. McCain Unhappy Apple Turned Down His Invitation To Be Encryption Hearing Punching Bag
- Cy Vance Still Arguing For Mandated Encryption Backdoors; Believes Third Party Doctrine Supports His Theory