by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 24th 2010 2:26pm
A few years back, we noted Apple's trademark overreach in trying to stop any electronic device with "pod" as part of its name. This is, of course, silly. However, most companies have ended up backing down. One is still fighting. Sector Labs, which is making a video projector called the Video Pod, is apparently ready and willing to go to court and fight Apple on this. As we pointed out back when Apple started going pod-crazy, it's worth remembering that it was Apple's lawyers who brought back the now popular moron in a hurry test in its trademark lawsuit against the Beatles' Apple Corp. They might find themselves on the other end of that test fairly soon.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Urban Outfitters With A Surprising First Win In Navajo Trademark Dispute: Navajo Isn't Famous
- City Of Mesa Abusing Trademark Law To Punish City Council Candidate They Don't Like
- Appeals Court Muddies Trademark Nominative Fair Use Doctrine
- Senators Burr & Feinstein Write Ridiculous Ignorant Op-Ed To Go With Their Ridiculous Ignorant Bill
- FBI Spent $1.3 Million To Not Even Learn The Details Of The iPhone Hack... So Now It Says It Can't Tell Apple