by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 24th 2010 2:26pm
A few years back, we noted Apple's trademark overreach in trying to stop any electronic device with "pod" as part of its name. This is, of course, silly. However, most companies have ended up backing down. One is still fighting. Sector Labs, which is making a video projector called the Video Pod, is apparently ready and willing to go to court and fight Apple on this. As we pointed out back when Apple started going pod-crazy, it's worth remembering that it was Apple's lawyers who brought back the now popular moron in a hurry test in its trademark lawsuit against the Beatles' Apple Corp. They might find themselves on the other end of that test fairly soon.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Tiffany & Co., Defenders Of Intellectual Property, Sued For Copyright Infringement
- Another Free Speech Win In Libel Lawsuit Disguised As A Trademark Complaint
- Apple Says Nebraska Will Become A 'Mecca For Hackers' If Right To Repair Bill Passes
- Chinese Trademarks And The Emoluments Clause: Do They Intersect In The Trump Presidency?
- Apple Wants To Stop You Fixing Your iPhone And iPad: Source Says It Will Testify Against 'Right To Repair' Legislation