by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 24th 2010 2:26pm
A few years back, we noted Apple's trademark overreach in trying to stop any electronic device with "pod" as part of its name. This is, of course, silly. However, most companies have ended up backing down. One is still fighting. Sector Labs, which is making a video projector called the Video Pod, is apparently ready and willing to go to court and fight Apple on this. As we pointed out back when Apple started going pod-crazy, it's worth remembering that it was Apple's lawyers who brought back the now popular moron in a hurry test in its trademark lawsuit against the Beatles' Apple Corp. They might find themselves on the other end of that test fairly soon.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- That Story About Uber Tracking People After They Deleted The App? Yeah, That's Not Really Accurate
- British Columbia Winery Has Trademark Opposed By Pre-Packaged Foods Company For Some Reason
- Apple Takes Heat For Software Lock That Prevents iPhone 7 Home Button Replacement By Third-Party Vendors
- Trademark Bullying Works: Mooselick Brewing Co. Becomes Granite Roots Brewing Out Of Fear Of Moosehead Breweries
- Court Tosses Company's Bid To Slap Down Olympics Social Media Restrictions Over Jurisdictional Issues